Find out what you can use our web conferencing platform for and how you can organize your online event or meeting with it while respecting data privacy.
This is the only service we offer that runs on an external, rented server.
How to get it
Before you go to our order form you should be aware of the following aspects:
- Who is going to handle moderation for your session(s)/event(s)?
- Do they require an introductory hand-over session from us?
- Are you planning a one-time event or in need of regular use?
- If one-time event:
- When is the event happening?
- Approximately how many people are expected to join?
- If regular use:
- Beginning and end date?
- How many sessions per week/month?
- How many hours per session? Time-slot?
- How many users per session?
- How much can you contribute to the infrastructural costs?
- If one-time event:
We will follow-up your request with the necessary information and guidelines on how to use BBB and organize your access to the platform. In the meantime you can check out the public calendar for the scheduled events to see the availability here: https://k4.servus.at/apps/calendar/p/7JR8AX7SgEk6dw7Z/dayGridMonth/now and add it into your own calendar: https://k4.servus.at/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/7JR8AX7SgEk6dw7Z/?export
All of the information here and what we will communicate to you directly might change over time, as we look to structure this new tool for the community. Thank you for your understanding!
In short, BBB is a digital webinar platform. You can think of it as a replacement for physical spaces, a digital room for your events and meetings.
WHO and WHAT is it for?
In case you or your association is in need for a tool to organize and hold events, meetings, workshop sessions, distant learning/courses and you are either privacy-aware, or in need for an affordable but capable alternative or BOTH: BBB might be what you are looking for.
What is it NOT for?
- NOT an all-in-one solution for your events. You still have to organize, moderate and manage it yourself.
- NOT a streaming platform like
YouTube, Twitchor dorfTV. There is a limitation to how many people can actually join.
- NOT a video archiving platform for events or meetings.
- NOT a quick-call solution alternative to Jitsi, Nextcloud talk etc.
What can the software do/offer?
BBB, through its web interface, offers:
- real-time sharing of audio, video, slides (with whiteboard controls), chat, and the screen.
- Instructors can engage remote students with polling, emojis, multi-user whiteboard, and breakout rooms.
- Presenters can record and playback content for later sharing with others.
This is of course presented through a customizable interface and many other features. As the developers put it:
- We designed BigBlueButton for online learning (though it can be used for many other applications). The educational use cases for BigBlueButton are
- Online tutoring (one-to-one)
- Flipped classrooms (recording content ahead of your session)
- Group collaboration (many-to-many)
- Online classes (one-to-many)
What we asoffer is the platform, to the extent of what the software is capable of; and our knowledge that we acquired over time, using it for organizing events and meetings.
So all you need to do is to make sure you have someone in your work group or association that can handle moderation and the organization of the event on the platform, and then get in touch!