Nextcloud.cloud is a content collaboration platform. The cloud service that we offer uses the open source software
Nextcloud is a free and open source alternative to cloud storage and synchronization software such as
Dropbox and Google Drive, but with an emphasis on data protection, privacy and security.
In addition to personal file hosting, you can share data, calendars, contacts with other users.
The Nextcloud groupware, Nextcloud Hub, is available on our instance and offers features for collaborative working. All of the tools offered within the groupware have the sharing feature enabled within teams on our cloud to optimize collaboration.
You can collaboratively edit and share documents, communicate via text or voice chat, create work groups, make use of basic forms, track your time and manage tasks in kanban style to organize your workload. Files can also be made public and shared with people outside the community.
The Servus Approach
tries to offer a fair, ethical and coherent cloud service to all its members with good usability within the capabilities of its datacenter. Therefore we do not prioritize the industry standard of seemingly endless resources, such as unlimited space or expandability.
Rather we urge our members to be aware that technology comes with limits, and resources aren’t endless nor ever offered for free. As a principle: if something is free (or unrealistically cheap), you are the product.
- We put quality before quantity within ethical boundaries.
- We do not violate your privacy. Your data; files, contacts or calendars are none of our business.
- We do not analyze any content. Not for product improvement, marketing purposes or otherwise.
- We keep it local. The cloud server is hosted within our data center at Kirchengasse 4 in Linz, Austria.
- The use of cloud is of course in compliance with the GDPR. If you wish, we can also provide you with a corresponding template for the data processing agreement.
Every Nextcloud suite.member receives an account with 10GB storage in our instance of
The following apps are enabled within thecloud to help you work collaboratively and store data without having to worry about your privacy being violated:
- Files – Storage of files of course.
- Calendar – Create your own calendars or subscribe to other peoples calendars.
- Deck – Kanban style organization tool for well organized workflows.
- Talk – Chat & video conferencing tool.
- Circles – Create groups with other users to easily organize working groups.
- Time Tracker – A simple time tracker to help you track time by project & client, use tags and add descriptions.
- Contacts – Easily manage your contacts list.
- Mail – A web-based mail client within the cloud.
- Tasks – Manage task-lists that are linked to your cloud calendars.
- Forms – Create surveys and questionnaires. No mass of options, only the essentials.
- Polls – Simple polls, e.g. for scheduling meetings (as an alternative to
Doodle) that you can share privately, internally or publicly.
- Bookmarks – Collect, organize and share web page bookmarks.